5 Ways You Can Leverage Pinterest In Your Job Search
December 28, 2016
Job search can be challenging, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be fun, too. Using social media in your job hunt might not be the first thing that comes to your mind when you think, “It’s time to find a job,” but it can actually be a helpful tool you can use to get the job you want in today’s world. Here are a few ways you can leverage one of your FAVORITE social media platforms, Pinterest, in your job search:
1. Create A “Companies I Love” BoardDuring your job search, it’s important to find and apply to companies you admire. Creating a Pinterest board that keeps all of your favorite companies in one place can be a great way to stay organized. When you’re researching companies, pin the websites of companies you want to keep an eye on. To take it a step further, write a note underneath the pin that reminds you WHY you feel a connection with this company.
2. Build A Visual Resume BoardCreate a Pinterest board that showcases your skills, accomplishments, and projects. Think of this as an online portfolio! This board can include...
- Blog posts, articles
- Anything else you’d like to showcase to employers that’s available online
3. Create A Career Advice BoardWho doesn’t want advice for conducting a more efficient job search? Create a board that’s dedicated to career advice you find online. This board can include...
- Helpful career advice articles
- Detailed infographics
- How-To videos
4. Build A “What To Wear” Board.Pinterest is a great place to get fashion and style inspiration. Use it for your career by create a “What to Wear” board for yourself. This board can include...
- Business attire ideas
- Fashion tips and tricks
5. Create inspiration and motivation boards.Who DOESN’T need a little motivation during a frustrating job search? Keep yourself on track by keeping a Pinterest board that inspires you. This board can include...
- Inspirational quotes
- Motivational stories you find online
- Anything else that inspires you!