@j.t.odonnell No. 1 Reason You Don't Get Job Offers #jobinterview #careertiktok #jobsearch #joblife #edutok #interviewtips ♬ original sound - J.T. O'Donnell
I always talk about the Goldilocks principle. Remember how there's too little, too much, and just right? Well, when it comes to interview answers, they need to be just right. Too little information gives the impression that you're closed off. Maybe you have something to hide. You're not confident. You're shy. Something can feel off. But if you give too much information, you might come across as narcissistic, give the impression you love to hear yourself talk, or you could sound a little flighty and all over the board with your words.
If you have trouble knowing how to answer interview questions, I suggest you look up the most common interview questions that you could get asked in a job interview and then write out your answers and make sure they're succinct. Give employers the information they need to know, but do it in a timely and concise way.
At the end of the day, the key to a successful interview (and getting more job offers) is good interview answers. So, whatever you do, don't skip that interview prep!
Need Help Preparing For Your Next Job Interview?
Check out Work It Daily and all of our career resources. We'll help you feel empowered in your job search so you can land the right job for you.
- How To Answer "Why Are You Interested In This Job?" - Work It Daily ›
- 5 Things You Should Consider Before Accepting Your First Job ... ›
- How Hiring Managers Make Decisions - Work It Daily ›
- 5 Reasons You're Still Unemployed ›
- How To Deal With Job Offer Anxiety - Work It Daily ›
- #1 Secret Nobody Tells You About Getting Job Interviews - Work It Daily ›