We've all been there: No matter how much coffee you've pumped into your system, your brain just doesn't seem to turn on. But why? Turns out your eating habits may be messing with your productivity. So, want to be more efficient at the office? Try these healthy eating habits:
1. Ditch The Junk FoodHaving trouble remembering things you have to do at work? It might be time to layoff the chips. Studies show that the saturated fats in junk food do more than just make you gain weight. It turns out that your memory can be impaired if your daily caloric intake includes lots of fatty foods. Opt for healthier snacks like fruits, vegetables, and proteins instead.
2. Eat BreakfastAlthough there could be many reasons why your brain is in slug-mode, one stands out: You didn't eat breakfast. Yes, you've heard it before, but there's a reason why breakfast is the best meal of the day! Eating breakfast is a great way to stay sharp during the day. Your brain has fuel to run and you are able to concentrate better because of it. Even if you're extremely productive on the mornings you skip breakfast, lack of fuel can affect your intellectual and physical performance by mid-morning, according to Livestrong.com.
3. Avoid Carbs At LunchHate that 2:30 crash? Maybe you should think twice about eating a sub sandwich or a slice of pizza for lunch. Although carbs give you energy, they also can make you feel tired and unfocused. According to SleepFoundation.org, meals that are rich in carbohydrates will generally make you more sleepy and less alert. So, try opting for more protein in your lunches to keep your workday productive. Enjoy this article? You've got time for another! Check out these related articles:
- Productivity: 3 Tips For Multitasking Smarter, Not Harder
- Hump Day Treat: 5 Quick Tips For Better Productivity
- 3 Steps To Genuine Productivity At Work