Did your PTO request get denied? Due to restructurings, layoffs, and crunches, companies are now buckling down on employees and their PTO. Here's my concern...
Quitting isn't going to help your situation.
If you quit because your PTO request was denied, that will, in fact, hurt your chances of getting hired. And if the economy tanks, there will be fewer jobs, and then it's going to be a lot harder to get a reference or explain why you quit.
What You Should Do If Your PTO Request Is Denied
@j.t.odonnell when your PTO request gets denied... @workitdaily @j.t.odonnell #joblife#worklife#pto#careeradvice#careerhacks#careertiktok#edutok#learnontiktok♬ original sound - J.T. O'Donnell
When your PTO request is denied, you want to ask why.
- Why is this happening?
- What can I do to make this timeslot work?
- What would I have to do before or after?
- How can I get to the point where this could be approved?
Maybe your employer can't approve the entire time off that you're requesting, but they could approve part of it. Or maybe your boss is just worried about some coverage, but you could assist in getting that coverage. The goal is to try to work with them on that.
But if you don't get your requested PTO, I'd be really careful about taking that time off anyways or quitting, because it could hurt you and your career.
Need help navigating other workplace issues?
I'd love it if you joined my FREE community where professionals like you are learning how to become empowered in their careers so they can finally find career happiness and satisfaction. More importantly, I have tons of resources inside this community that can help you prepare for your next job search.
Sign up for my FREE community and become a Workplace Renegade today! My team and I are looking forward to working with you soon.
- 8 Tips For Disagreeing With Your Boss (The Right Way) - Work It Daily ›
- 6 Life-Changing Benefits Of A Flexible Work Schedule - Work It Daily ›
- 3 Ways To Show Appreciation For Your Employees - Work It Daily ›
- 6 Remote-Friendly Companies That Help Pay For Your Vacation ... ›
- 4 Reasons Why Remote Workers Need To Take A Vacation - Work It ... ›