For those of you who love to exercise before starting your workday, this smoothie recipe is for you. It's intended to refuel you after a hard workout, and keep you satisfied until lunch.
A smoothie should contain all the things you'd want in a healthy, well-balanced meal: protein, fiber, and fat (in a good ratio). So, let's get to making a berrylicious smoothie you can sip on post-workout!
Berrylicious Smoothie Recipe
Add 1/2 cup of frozen mixed berries to the blender. I like cherries, blackberries, blueberries, and raspberries. These berries are very high in antioxidants, which help fight free radicals in the body. They are also high in fiber.
Next, add a couple handfuls of fresh spinach. You can add any other vegetables that you would like for more fiber and nutrients.
3. Almond Milk (Or Liquid Of Your Choice)
Pour 1/2 cup to one cup of liquid into the blender. I like to add unsweetened almond milk, so it isn't too frothy.
4. Flax, Chia, Or Hemp Seeds
Next, add a tablespoon of flax, chia, or hemp seeds for an excellent source of healthy fat and plant-based protein. They are also high in fiber.
5. Greek Yogurt Or Protein Powder
Finally, we need our primary source of protein. Add either a 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt or one scoop of protein powder.
Blend all of these together, and you've got yourself a tasty post-workout smoothie!
We hope you give this berrylicious smoothie recipe a try after your next killer workout!
Remember: Eating healthy, well-balanced foods is the key to refueling your body and keeping you energized for the workday that lies ahead.
Download her FREE at-home workout guide now!
Note: Individuals should always speak to their physician before making any significant dietary or lifestyle changes.
- Healthy Whipped Coffee To Keep You Energized At Work - Work It ... ›
- Quick & Easy Breakfast Recipes For Your Busy Workweek - Work It ... ›
- Easy Grain-Free Granola You Can Snack On At Your Desk - Work It Daily | Where Careers Go To Grow ›
- Quick & Healthy Chocolate Chip Oat Energy Bites For Work - Work It Daily | Where Careers Go To Grow ›
- What To Eat At Work To Get Enough Omega-3 Fatty Acids - Work It Daily | Where Careers Go To Grow ›