A Berrylicious Smoothie To Help You Refuel For The Workday
For those of you who love to exercise before starting your workday, this smoothie recipe is for you. It's intended to refuel you after a hard workout, and keep you satisfied until lunch.
A smoothie should contain all the things you'd want in a healthy, well-balanced meal: protein, fiber, and fat (in a good ratio). So, let's get to making a berrylicious smoothie you can sip on post-workout!
Berrylicious Smoothie Recipe
Add 1/2 cup of frozen mixed berries to the blender. I like cherries, blackberries, blueberries, and raspberries. These berries are very high in antioxidants, which help fight free radicals in the body. They are also high in fiber.
Next, add a couple handfuls of fresh spinach. You can add any other vegetables that you would like for more fiber and nutrients.
3. Almond Milk (Or Liquid Of Your Choice)
Pour 1/2 cup to one cup of liquid into the blender. I like to add unsweetened almond milk, so it isn't too frothy.
4. Flax, Chia, Or Hemp Seeds
Next, add a tablespoon of flax, chia, or hemp seeds for an excellent source of healthy fat and plant-based protein. They are also high in fiber.
5. Greek Yogurt Or Protein Powder
Finally, we need our primary source of protein. Add either a 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt or one scoop of protein powder.
Blend all of these together, and you've got yourself a tasty post-workout smoothie!
We hope you give this berrylicious smoothie recipe a try after your next killer workout!
Remember: Eating healthy, well-balanced foods is the key to refueling your body and keeping you energized for the workday that lies ahead.
Download her FREE at-home workout guide now!
Note: Individuals should always speak to their physician before making any significant dietary or lifestyle changes.
- Healthy Whipped Coffee To Keep You Energized At Work - Work It ... ›
- Quick & Easy Breakfast Recipes For Your Busy Workweek - Work It ... ›
- Easy Grain-Free Granola You Can Snack On At Your Desk - Work It Daily | Where Careers Go To Grow ›
- Quick & Healthy Chocolate Chip Oat Energy Bites For Work - Work It Daily | Where Careers Go To Grow ›
- What To Eat At Work To Get Enough Omega-3 Fatty Acids - Work It Daily | Where Careers Go To Grow ›