Are You Willing To Work For Your Dream Job?
According to a survey by Deloitte, 80% of Americans report hating their job. This number is interesting considering how many people claim to want a dream job. Related: The Surprising Reason You Can’t Find The Right Job Judging by the numbers it seems as though there’s a huge disconnect. If so many people hate their jobs, they are obviously not doing something right, and they are most certainly not anywhere close to their dream job. This discrepancy calls into question a serious concern: Many people say they want a dream job, but are they willing to work for it? If you want the job of your dreams, your college degree and your resume alone aren’t going to get you there. It used to back in the 1990’s, but those days are long gone. You must be willing to put in work. This includes but is not limited to:
- Becoming an expert in your field
- Publishing a book and gaining credible endorsements to validate your expertise
- Launching an industry blog
- Establishing a network online and offline of powerful influencers
- Building and maintaining a website portfolio
- Establishing a stockpile of reference letters