Healthy Spaghetti For A Tasty Work Lunch
Looking for a new delicious and nutritious recipe to try? This spaghetti squash is perfect for your work lunches!
If you haven't had spaghetti squash before, it's just like a normal squash. The only difference is after you cook it, it comes right out of it's skin just like spaghetti. It's a great low-carb option to use in place of pasta, and an easy way to get more vegetables in your diet.
Our favorite way to prepare spaghetti squash is to make spaghetti in meatballs, where we swap out the pasta for the squash.
Here's the perfect way to cook spaghetti squash for a healthy work lunch!
How To Cook Spaghetti Squash
1. Wash the outside of the spaghetti squash. Preheat the oven 350 degrees. Cut the squash lengthwise, then scoop out the seeds in the center. Drizzle with olive oil. Make sure it's covered. If you have any other seasonings, top it with those.
2. Cook the spaghetti squash face down on a baking sheet for 45 minutes. Let the squash sit when you take it out of the oven, since it'll be very hot, and you don't want to burn your hand while holding it.
3. After about 30 minutes, it should be cool enough for you to begin to scrape the spaghetti squash out of its skin.
4. Using a fork, simply scrape the spaghetti squash into a bowl. Cooking the squash face down helps keep it moist, and makes it easier to remove the "spaghetti." Once you scrape all of the spaghetti squash from both halves, you should have enough for a few servings.
From there, you can make any kind of "pasta" dish you want.
We recommend spaghetti squash with olive oil, basil, and Parmesan cheese, or just classic spaghetti and meatballs!
Feeling adventurous? You can also make a casserole with the cooked spaghetti squash. Try mixing in sausage and additional seasonings to the squash. Then, put the squash back inside the skins, cover with cheese, and bake for another 15-20 minutes.
There are lots of different, tasty ways to use spaghetti squash. We hope you try these recipes out for a healthy and delicious work lunch!
Download her FREE at-home workout guide now!
Note: Individuals should always speak to their physician before making any significant dietary or lifestyle changes.
- 3 Easy Tips To Stop Sugar Cravings At Work - Work It Daily | Where ... ›
- Quick & Healthy Chocolate Chip Oat Energy Bites For Work - Work It ... ›
- Healthy & Delicious Cranberry Bliss Bars (Starbucks Copycat ... ›
- What To Eat At Work To Get Enough Omega-3 Fatty Acids - Work It Daily | Where Careers Go To Grow ›
- How To Meal Prep For The Entire Workweek - Work It Daily | Where Careers Go To Grow ›
- A Quick & Easy Workout To Do While Working From Home - Work It Daily | Where Careers Go To Grow ›
- Healthy Whipped Coffee To Keep You Energized At Work - Work It Daily | Where Careers Go To Grow ›