Is My Job Search Doomed If I Don't Have A Network?
It's been a few months. You've had no bites on interviews, and you feel your resume is going straight into the digital trash. You may be asking yourself, "Is my job search doomed?" Related: 18 Easy Conversation Starters For Networking Events You're job search is not doomed, but without networking you'll suffer a longer, more difficult one. Although networking is important, it is only one piece in a multiple-channel job search marketing strategy. You help yourself best by working all your channels. Some other channels are:
- Online networking portholes such as LinkedIn, Facebook, and MySpace
- Recruiters and search Firms
- Job sites such as Indeed, LocalJobNetwork, Ladders, and CareerBuilder
- Targeted mailing and informational interviewing
- Career fairs, trade associations, and community organizations