5 Must-Have Qualities Of Six-Figure Salespeople
November 13, 2013
One of the best things about being in sales is the income potential! Salespeople who earn $100K+ each year all share some common traits that make them excel in their job. If you want to earn that kind of money as a salesperson, there are some things you must be highly-skilled at. With the help of the sales team at Fusion Worldwide, we were able to compile a great list of ideal traits all top-earning sales professionals possess. If you’re interested in pursuing a sales position with big income potential, make sure you have the following must-have qualities for success. Do you have what it takes?
Must-Have Qualities Of Six-Figure SalespeopleHere are the five qualities you need in order to succeed in sales:
1. You Must Truly Enjoy The ChallengeDo you crave a good challenge? As a salesperson, you are selling yourself, your reputation, and your company. In order to excel in this field, you must really love the challenge of making and closing a good sale. If you don’t enjoy the actual sales process, this field probably isn’t a good fit for you. Not only that, but you need to be able to handle a fast-paced environment. As the old saying goes, “time is money,” so you need to be able to learn about the product you’re selling fast. “The people who excel enjoy the challenge of trying to learn quickly,” said Luke LeSaffre, a Senior Sales Representative at Fusion. (Is this you? A Sales Account Manager job in Amsterdam just opened up at Fusion Worldwide. APPLY NOW >>)
2. You Must Understand How To Build RelationshipsAre you a great conversationalist? Do you love to build relationships? If so, a job in sales is probably a great fit for your personality. In order to succeed in sales, you must be able to build relationships with your customers easily and understand how to talk with each individual person. You never know who’s going to pick up the phone. You need to be able to strike up a conversation with anyone quickly. Not only that, but not every sales call is going to go smoothly. So, you must be able to keep cool while conversing with your client. “You have to know how to handle the bad conversations just as well as the good ones,” said Jordan Silver, a Fusion Senior Sales Representative.
3. You Must Be Able To Work Independently...“The top people are more doers than anything,” said Carleton Dufoe, the Fusion Senior Vice President of Trade. Although asking for help is encouraged, no one is going to hold your hand in this job. In order to really succeed, you must have the drive and motivation to work on your own. “Your success is up to you,” said Silver. “You really define your own success here.”
4. ...But Also On A TeamThat said, it’s also important to be a team player on a sales team. You must be willing to help out your team when needed and get excited for them when they close a big sale. Even though you’re doing most of your work on your own, you are still on a team, and you need to be able to work with that team and help people out when needed. According to DuFoe, the best sales people have worked in lots of different environments, played sports, and have thrived in team situations frequently. (Are you looking for a job in sales? Learn more about Fusion Worldwide opportunities >>)
5. You Must Be PatientIf you think you’re going to jump into a sales position headfirst and start making the big bucks, think again. For most people starting out in sales, it takes at least six months of hard work, rejection, and failure before they start seeing positive results. In order to be successful, you need to be patient and learn everything you can during the first few frustrating months on the job. So, do you think you have what it takes to be a great salesperson? If so, Fusion Worldwide is looking to expand its sales team in its new office. (You can learn more and apply directly to their company by clicking HERE >>)
Want An Opportunity To Lead?Fusion Worldwide is looking for Sales Account Managers in three locations: Boston, Amsterdam and Singapore (among other open jobs). Plenty of promotions have been offered to high-performers within the company in the past, so a crack at being a leader by title could be in your near future. There's a Sales Account Manager job in Amsterdam waiting for you! Learn more about Fusion Worldwide.
Related Posts6 Signs It's Time To Leave A Stable Job5 Leadership Tips From An International VP4 Qualities Great Salespeople AvoidThe 3 Sacred T's Of A $285 Million Company3 Reasons Women Make Great Salespeople3 Reasons Recruiters Make Great Salespeople
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. It was written and approved by our editorial staff to ensure it meets CAREEREALISM Media's editorial standards. You can learn more about our writing requirements here and view our full disclosure policy here. Photo Credit: Shutterstock
Want to show off all of the great qualities of YOUR company and target the best job candidates? Find out how.