Questions To Ask Yourself Before Resume Writing
There is major trouble ensuing in the job market! The problem? No, it is not the lack of jobs, the competition, or the unpredictability of the jobs you can find! Oh no, the issue I'd like to bring to your attention is the haste in which job seekers approach resume writing. They are sabotaging their job search and creating conflict in their career plans! Whatever you think resume writing is, it is not a race! In order to overcome the challenges I mentioned above, you must mesmerize your new employer and hold their attention long enough to brew in them the desire to call you. So, before you put pen to paper, contemplate the following:
Self-Reflection Before Resume Writing
- What do I want in a job?
- How would I describe my ideal job?
- What has my career progression (or lack of) been like?
- What have I learned from my experiences?
- Who am I at work and where/how do I best succeed?
- What are my marketable skill sets?
- Why are these skills marketable?
- To which companies would I be an asset and why?
- What do I need to sidestep?
Related PostsImprove Your Resume Results With These 5 P’s Of Resume Writing
6 Resume Writing Strategies That Will Make You Shine In The Job Market
5 Key Resume Writing Tips For The Over 50 Job SeekerPhoto Credit: Shutterstock