Soft skills can actually make an employee irreplaceable (or at least hard to replace) at work.
Examples Of Soft Skills
- Positive Attitude
The Difference Between Soft Skills & Hard Skills
There is a concrete difference between soft and hard skills in the workplace. Both contribute to career success, but soft skills are often undervalued when compared to hard skills. Why?
People overlook the impact of soft skills, because they are viewed as less concrete or tangible. It's also easy to assume that every job candidate will automatically have them.
Example: Imagine an executive-level professional who went to an Ivy League school and has 10 years of marketing experience under his or her belt. Now, during the interview, this same person displays traits like speaking poorly of previous employers or gives explanations that highlight job-hopping.
Would you work with someone who didn't value collaboration and lacks accountability? It doesn't matter where you stand in your workplace hierarchy, any bad egg in the bunch can stir up trouble for the entire team. So, what soft skills should you focus on, and why?
Top Soft Skills For Your Career
1. Personal Accountability
- This one's pretty self-explanatory. You show up, get your work done, and will be responsible.
- You work well with others, because what company runs on the work of one person?
3. Conflict Resolution
- At any stage of your career, you have a solution-based mindset. You opt out of gossip, harmful competitive nature, and stand for your team as a positive influencer and associate.
Are you in a place where you can't define your soft versus hard skills? If not, we'd love to help!
Not only can we help you determine what skills should be included on your resume, but we can coach you on how to squeeze soft skills into your interview, optimizing your career wins at every step of the hiring process.
Join our career growth club to finally become the professional you always knew you could be!
- 5 Transferable Skills Job Seekers Need - Work It Daily | Where ... ›
- The Best Skills To Include On Your Resume - Work It Daily | Where ... ›
- 6 Key Leadership Skills All Successful Managers Need - Work It ... ›
- 5 Soft Skills Needed to Land A Job Post-COVID-19 - Work It Daily | Where Careers Go To Grow ›
- Top 7 Soft Skills You Need To Be A Successful Lawyer - Work It Daily ›
- The #1 Career Skill Every Professional Needs - Work It Daily ›
- The #1 Skill Executives Need To See In Every Employee - Work It Daily ›
- Project Management Skills Help You Adapt & Thrive At Work - Work It Daily ›