The term inspiration is very commonly used. Everyone seems to be inspired by someone or something in their lives. His or her inspiration can be a person, event, an imaginary character or even an insight. To cook, write a poem, draw or to take up a job, one needs an inspiration. In simple words, inspiration is a creative push from something that resonates deeply with you and your beliefs.
The Causes Of InspirationThe reasons of inspiration can be very weird. Two sons of a drunken man can be inspired by their dad to become an alcoholic or a teetotaler. Inspirations can emerge from one’s mind too. It is a very active process of mind. A person or an object can inspire one only if they are mentally active enough to be receptive to that object or the person. Thus, in order to be inspired, you need to be receptive and should have an open mind.
Impressions And InspirationSometimes, these two words are used interchangeably, but they are totally two different processes. A person’s mind is like a soft mold and an impression can be easily made, whether or not it is a good one. However, inspiring a mind is like making a rigid object flexible. One needs to be hyperactive when they are involved with an object to inspire them.
How To Find InspirationDo some objects come with an inspiration tag? Why do some objects inspire a few people and some do not? Centuries ago, the people who got hit by falling apples did not think the phenomena would be related to gravity. It is almost like seeking a new reality. When a mind actively searches for an inspiration, it will automatically find it. An artist gets the inspiration to draw upon seeing a butterfly, because he has been seeking some object which inspires him to draw. Thus, inspiration is a creative process. Once tagged as creative, it means that the inspiration process, methods and effects of one person will not be the same as that of another. Even the same person may not be inspired in the same way, with two different objects.
Inspiration PsychologyTo come up with the psychology of inspiration, one needs to know what will inspire us, why it inspires us and why certain objects can inspire certain people and not others. To study the inspiration process, one needs empirical data, but this process is contributed by personal experience, tastes, attitude, personality and many other factors. Finding inspiration is something you must do yourself, no matter how much information is available about it. That's what makes it more of an art than a science. The first element of the inspiration process is the purpose. A photographer will be inspired by a butterfly flying over its reflection in a pond to click a picture, but a person who wants to catch some fishes may not be stirred by the same bug. What is important to the person looking for inspiration is where his or her interests intersect with the outside world to be inspired by an object. Intuition can guide anyone at any time, but inspiration seeks those who search for it. Sudden enlightenment is the common term used to describe an inspiration process initiation. For instance, a scientist who wants to find an alternative source of energy would get the enlightenment from a boiling pot’s rattling lid. The inspiration process is a little more than just a thought process. It is an interlinked web that connects all the external factors and internal factors to create a solution.
Types Of Inspiration
- The knowledge-based inspiration process is initiated by knowledge gained or an understanding of a process or an object. For instance, light falls on shattered pieces of glass and creates a visual pattern. An artist would be inspired to draw it, a poet would write about it and a scientist will have an inspiration process to learn why such a visual pattern is produced. Thus the kind and amount of knowledge of the process defines the inspiration.
- The need-based inspiration process is developed from the need of the person. An explorer can be inspired by a travel book, but a scientist will not be. So, when the object can satisfy a need of the person, then the probability of that object creating an inspiration is much higher.
- An object-based inspiration can be obtained by the personal feeling about an object or subject. A student could be inspired by a teacher to become one because he or she likes the teacher.
- Internal inspiration can be defined as a thought-based inspiration process. For instance, a scientist looking for a structure of Benzene gets his or her inspiration from a dream of a snake biting its own tail. A person gets inspired if an object or a scene can be related to the topic in his or her thought process.
- 3 Ways To Get Inspired At Work Today
- 21 Inspirational Career Quotes
- 10 Must-Have Characteristics Of A Good Leader