Staying active at work can be a real challenge. It's easy to get sidetracked with projects and meetings, and not even realize you've been sitting for a couple (or more!) hours. So, how can busy professionals be more active during the work day?
Thankfully, there are a few simple ways you can change your daily routine so that it is more active and you are less sedentary. We all know how important it is to be active throughout the day so we are expending energy, moving our joints, working our muscles, and staying flexible. With that in mind, here are four tips to be more active at work today!
1.Track Your Steps & Calorie Burn
Our first tip is to have something to track your steps and calorie burn throughout the day. You can use an Apple Watch, a Fitbit, or just a pedometer so that you have something monitoring your activity level and telling you that you're moving enough.
Plus, it feels like a real accomplishment when you know you've met your goal of 10,000 or 20,000 steps!
2.Park Farther Away From Your Destination
It's all about squeezing more activity into what you already do. When you're running errands or going to work, for example, instead of looking for one of the closest parking spots, try to park as far from the door as possible (if it's safe!).
Just think how many more steps you'll walk if you do this all day long!
3.Take The Stairs
Our next tip is stairs, stairs, stairs. Wherever you are—at work or at home—always take the stairs.
It may take you a little longer, and you may be out of breath at the top, but it's worth it. Taking the stairs is so beneficial to your overall health and cardiovascular system. Make it a goal to take the stairs at least once a day, if not two, three, or four times.
Start now, and see how much easier it is to walk up the stairs in a month's time.
4.Add Activities To The Ones You Already Do During The Day
Lastly, try adding some type of activity to activities you already do.
For example, we all go to the bathroom. So, before or after every visit to the bathroom, do something. Whether it's squats, lunges, push ups, or another body weight resistance exercise, you'll be sure to get moving if you make it a goal to do so!
We hope this motivates you to add a little more activity to your busy workday. If you don't have time to go to the gym, you can still incorporate physical activity into your existing daily routine.
Over time, making these small changes to your daily routine will make a big difference!
Download her FREE at-home workout guide now!
Note: Individuals should always speak to their physician before making any significant dietary or lifestyle changes.
- 5 Quick And Simple Exercises You Can Do At Your Desk - Work It ... ›
- Quick & Easy Breakfast Recipes For Your Busy Workweek - Work It ... ›
- 3 Easy Ways To Stay Hydrated At Work - Work It Daily | Where ... ›
- Healthy & Delicious Cranberry Bliss Bars (Starbucks Copycat) - Work It Daily | Where Careers Go To Grow ›
- 3 Tips To Be Healthy At Work In The New Year - Work It Daily | Where Careers Go To Grow ›
- The 5-Minute Stretch Routine To Do Before Work - Work It Daily | Where Careers Go To Grow ›
- How To Eat More Fiber At Work - Work It Daily | Where Careers Go To Grow ›
- 3 Easy Ways To Be More Active During The Day - Work It Daily | Where Careers Go To Grow ›