First of all, it's never too late to get started on LinkedIn. Second of all, there are only four things you need to set up your profile in under 10 minutes.
Here's what those four things are...
4 Things You Need To Set Up Your LinkedIn Profile In Under 10 Minutes
@j.t.odonnell Replying to @littledig77 How to set up a LinkedIn profile in under 10 minutes! #linkedin #linkedinhelp #linkedinhacks #linkedintips #howtouselinkedin#howto #workitdaily #jobtok #careertok ♬ original sound - J.T. O'Donnell
1. Professional Headshot
Grab your smartphone and some bright lighting and take a picture of you from the shoulders up with a smile on your face. You want to look professional, yet approachable.
2. Optimized Headline
Your headline is the most important real estate on your LinkedIn profile. Linkedin works like a search algorithm: people look for keywords about your skill sets, and if those are in your headline, you show up at the top of the results. So, pick five or six skill sets you use on the job and put them in your headline.
3. "About" Section
In your "About" section, talk about how many years you've been doing what you're doing (approximately three sentences). Then, write one or two more sentences that roll up your experience and quantify what you've accomplished.
4. Work History
You should only list 15 years of work history (or less if you're still a young professional). Add one or two bullet points for each of the jobs explaining what you got done while working there. Recruiters just want the facts without having to skim through too much text.
Need more help setting up your LinkedIn profile?
But the most important thing you need to know is do not wait. Linkedin is booming right now and companies are looking for talent on it. It's never been easier to get noticed on LinkedIn. So, go set up your profile today!
- How To Update Your LinkedIn Profile When You’re Employed ›
- Should You Upload Your Resume To LinkedIn Or Other Social Media? ›
- LinkedIn Cheat Sheet: 5 Tips For A Professional Profile ›
- How To Write A LinkedIn Profile When You’re Unemployed ›
- 3 Ways To Age-Proof Your Resume & LinkedIn Profile ›
- Why You Should Check Your LinkedIn Profile For This Mistake ›
- How To Build A STRONG LinkedIn Profile ›
- Top 2 Reasons Why You Need A LinkedIn Profile - Work It Daily ›
- 5-Step Quick Guide For Getting Started On LinkedIn - Work It Daily ›