Your LinkedIn profile has the potential to make or break your chances with a hiring manager. Here's a big mistake people don't realize they are making on their LinkedIn profiles, and what you should do instead...
The Big Mistake? Trying Too Hard
@j.t.odonnell Check your LinkedIn profile for THIS MISTAKE! #linkedin #linkedintips #profilepics #mistakesweremade #linkedinmistakes #jobsearch #jobtok #careertok ♬ original sound - J.T. O'Donnell
LinkedIn is a social media tool, but it's not like Instagram or TikTok where you put up a splashy banner and a fun picture of yourself and write all this creative text to sound as interesting as possible. Why is that? Well, LinkedIn is the number one most-adopted platform by recruiters and hiring managers. They use it to find people with the right skill sets and experience. And at this stage in the game, they don't like all that flashy, "look at me" content. It comes across as narcissistic and desperate.
Instead, you need to know how to make a simple LinkedIn profile that is keyword driven, that maximizes the use of LinkedIn's algorithm so that you get found. You also need to know how to get noticed by engaging in and posting content in a certain way. I teach a FREE class on this on a regular basis. But what I need you to understand is that if you have not reviewed your LinkedIn profile recently, you need to go do that because a lot of people are using some outdated techniques and that is costing you opportunities.
Need more help with your LinkedIn profile?
- 3 Ways To Age-Proof Your Resume & LinkedIn Profile ›
- 4 Mistakes Job Seekers Make With Their LinkedIn Headline ›
- Should You Upload Your Resume To LinkedIn Or Other Social Media? ›
- How To Update Your LinkedIn Profile When You’re Employed ›
- 4 Rookie Mistakes You Need To Avoid On LinkedIn ›
- What Should & Shouldn't Be In Your LinkedIn Profile ›
- 5 Mistakes That Are Killing Your LinkedIn Profile ›
- How To Set Up A LinkedIn Profile (In Under 10 Minutes!) - Work It Daily ›
- Top 2 Reasons Why You Need A LinkedIn Profile - Work It Daily ›