5 Things To Do TODAY To Get Noticed On LinkedIn
These days, you're a simple Google search away from blowing recruiters away or making them rethink your candidacy for a job. So, it's important to stay on top of your online presence!
1. Update Your Old Photo
How old is that photo on your LinkedIn profile? If it's old, it's time for an update. Upload a clean, professional photo of yourself. You don't need to hire someone to take a professional photo of you. Just make sure the lighting is good, your appearance is professional, and you don't have a distracting background.
2. Share Interesting Articles On Your LinkedIn FeedBigstock
Share articles that are relevant to your industry, that your connections might find valuable, or that you just think are interesting reads. By doing this, you're adding value to your connections and increasing your visibility within your network.
3. Check In With A ConnectionBigstock
Send a message to check in and/or share an article you think they might find valuable. Nurture your network now and they will be more likely to help you out later when you need them.
4. Recommend Or Endorse SomeoneBigstock
In order to get recommendations or endorsements, you need to give them out. Write a thoughtful recommendation for a connection you know and trust. Give out a few endorsements to people who have showcased their skills to you. The more you give to others, the higher the chance they'll repay the favor.
5. Update Your AccomplishmentsBigstock
Take a few minutes to go over your work history and make sure your numbers, keywords, and accomplishments are accurate. Do this now and you won't have to do a complete overhaul later. It's good to keep up with it!
If you want to get noticed on LinkedIn by recruiters, employers, or anyone else, it's critical to keep your profile and presence up to snuff. It's better to do it little by little rather than completely redo it when you need it most. Try using these tips today!
Need more help with your job search?
Become a member to learn how to land a job and UNLEASH your true potential to get what you want from work!
This article was originally published at an earlier date.
- How To Connect With Recruiters On LinkedIn ›
- Work It DAILY's Top 6 Free Career Resources ›
- How To Make Better Use Of Your LinkedIn Profile ›
- #1 Profile Tip For LinkedIn Beginners - Work It Daily | Where Careers Go To Grow ›
- The Best LinkedIn Tips To Get More Job Interviews - Work It Daily | Where Careers Go To Grow ›
- 4 Ways To Boost Your LinkedIn Profile ›
- 5-Step Quick Guide For Getting Started On LinkedIn - Work It Daily ›
- 5 Smart Ways To Get Noticed On LinkedIn - Work It Daily ›
- 3 Ways To Get Noticed By Recruiters On LinkedIn - Work It Daily ›
- How To Pick LinkedIn Skills That Get The Attention Of Employers - Work It Daily ›