Making a career change before the COVID-19 pandemic was hard enough. So, how can professionals successfully change careers in the post-pandemic world, now faced with new obstacles, challenges, and never-before-seen workplace and cultural changes?
It all comes down to your job search strategy.
Here's what you need to do in order to stand out from the competition and nail your post-pandemic career change...
How To Make A Career Change In 2021
The COVID-19 pandemic has given people time to reflect on their careers and what they really want out of life. As a result, we're seeing a lot of people going after what they want and making career changes in the process.
In my interview with Tamsen Fadal, I discuss what job seekers need to do to prepare for a career transition. Find out why it's essential that you:
- Inventory your skills
- Create a bucket list of companies that you want to work for
- Make new connections
- Update your resume
- Be ready to tell your story
Making a career change can be challenging and extremely daunting, especially for people who have been at the same company for many years and are looking to switch industries but don't know where to begin. But if you're organized and can commit to the strategy I outline in the video above, it can be a rewarding process that ultimately leads to your long-term happiness.
Don't Have Time To Watch The Video? Listen To My Tips On The Go!
Find out how to prepare for your post-pandemic career change by checking out the podcast episode today!
Need more help with your career change?
- 5 Best Tips For A Career Change Resume - Work It Daily ›
- 15 Questions To Ask Before Making A Career Change - Work It Daily ›
- 3 Challenges Job Seekers Face When Making A Career Change ... ›
- 7 Inspirational Career Change Quotes - Work It Daily ›
- 4 Tips For Changing Careers After A Layoff - Work It Daily ›
- 5 Common Career Change Mistakes (And How To Avoid Them ... ›
- Top 3 Reasons Why People Change Careers - Work It Daily ›