In today's job market, your resume is the most important document you have to get your job application in the hands of the hiring manager. If you can't get your resume past the ATS, it doesn't matter how much experience or how good your cover letter is. That's why you need to be strategic and intentional about the words you include in your resume.
The Importance Of Powerful Resume Words
When a hiring manager is seeing the same old resume time and time again (which includes the cliché words and phrases such as "highly dedicated individual" or "great team player") you are guaranteeing that your resume will be tossed. Not only is it probably not optimized with the right keywords, but by taking up space with subjective statements, you're missing out on the chance to quantify your experience, skills, and accomplishments on your resume.
Poorly chosen words and clichéd phrases can destroy the interest of the reader. Powerful words, when chosen correctly, can have the opposite effect of motivating and inspiring the reader.
Here are the most powerful resume words you should use to stand out from the competition and increase your chances of getting hired!
Top 100 Powerful Resume Words
The next time you're writing your resume, be sure to include some of the powerful words above. Your job search depends on it.
Need more help landing a job? We're here for you!
Or, join our career growth club today and get access to one-on-one career coaching, resume and cover letter reviews, online tutorials, and unlimited networking opportunities—all in your back pocket!
If you want FREE career advice in your inbox, subscribe to our newsletter The Daily Dose!
This post was originally published at an earlier date.
- 4 Tips For Writing A Powerful And Effective Resume - Work It Daily ... ›
- 3 Biggest Resume Mistakes (And How To Fix Them) - Work It Daily ... ›
- 6 Best Tips For Formatting A Resume - Work It Daily | Where ... ›
- 3 Ways To Emphasize Your ROI On Your Resume - Work It Daily | Where Careers Go To Grow ›
- 10 Things To Remove From Your Resume - Work It Daily | Where Careers Go To Grow ›
- Compound Modifiers: The Most Confusing Words On A Resume - Work It Daily ›
- How To Use Compound Modifiers On Your Resume - Work It Daily ›
- What To Do If You Hate Writing Resumes - Work It Daily ›