5 Things To Do Before Your Next Job Interview
Congrats! You landed a job interview. Now, how are you going to ace it and move on in the hiring process?
There are a few things that are absolutely CRITICAL to interview success. If you want to get a job offer, you've got to do these things before an interview.
Research The Company
Before you go into an interview, whether it's a phone screen, in-person, group, panel, or virtual interview, you MUST do your homework on the company. You want to understand the companies to which you're applying BEFORE the interview. That way, when they ask, "So, what do you know about us?" you'll have a solid answer and won't be flustered. (P.S. The last thing you want to say is, "Oh, not much. I was hoping you'd tell me!")
Understand What Salary Range Is CompetitiveBigstock
Always, always, always understand what's the going rate for your position in your industry. The hard truth is you might not make the same salary as your last job. You need to understand what's a competitive salary BEFORE you apply for a job (and especially before you get into the interview process). Otherwise, you risk pricing yourself out of the job right off the bat, or worse, selling yourself short.
Know What You Bring To The Table
Know exactly what you bring to the table in terms of value. Why are you going to be an asset to this company? What problem are you going to solve and how will you solve it better than the 'other guy'? You need to understand this inside and out. Otherwise, you're going to have a hard time selling yourself to the interviewer.
Prepare Some Examples Of Your WinsBigstock
Examples help you back up your claims. They're proof that you've been there, done that, and did it well. Prepare some relevant, quantifiable accomplishments that you can bring up during the interview to reinforce your skill sets.
Practice Your Delivery
Practice makes perfect! The more you practice, the more comfortable you'll be when you're in the interview. You'll look calm, focused, and confident. Consider doing a mock interview with a friend or a career coach beforehand to get you warmed up for the real thing!
By doing these key things, you'll be one step closer to acing your next job interview and getting an offer. Good luck!
Need more help with your job search?
We'd love it if you signed up for Work It Daily's Power Hour Event Subscription! Get your career questions answered in our next live event!
This article was originally published at an earlier date.
- How To Prepare For An Informational Interview - Work It Daily ›
- 5 Easy Tips To Overcome Interview Anxiety - Work It Daily ›
- How To Deal With Job Offer Anxiety - Work It Daily ›
- 3 Easy Ways To Boost Your Confidence Before A Job Interview ... ›
- 5 Things Job Seekers Must Do Before Attending A Job Fair - Work It ... ›
- 4 Benefits Of A Mock Interview - Work It Daily | Where Careers Go To ... ›
- What You Need To Know Going Into A Job Interview - Work It Daily ... ›
- Dos And Don'ts When Waiting To Begin Your Interview - Work It ... ›
- 4 Things Job Seekers Are Rated On During The Interview - Work It Daily | Where Careers Go To Grow ›
- How To Prepare The Night Before A Job Interview - Work It Daily | Where Careers Go To Grow ›
- 5 Things Successful Job Seekers Do Before Applying For A Job - Work It Daily ›
- 5 Tips To Ace Your Panel Interview - Work It Daily ›
- 6 Tips For Acing Your Next Phone Interview - Work It Daily ›