3 Ways To Build Confidence For A Job Interview
The interview is one component of the job search process that most people love to hate. While it serves as a sign from the employer that you are being strongly considered for a position, it also can be a source of angst for candidates who fear they'll make mistakes that will cut them out of the running.
One great way to build your confidence going into the interview is by conducting plenty of research on the company and the position that you're going after. A common question interviewers ask is, "Do you know anything about our company?" Most times, candidates give vague answers, or—in a worst-case scenario—answer, "No."
If you're able to share the company's background information and showcase knowledge of its future goals for the position in question, you'll have an opportunity to impress the interviewer.
Review Common Interview Questions And Practice ThemBigstock
Another great way to build confidence for a job interview is to practice before the big day. You can do this by answering questions in front of a mirror to read your own facial expressions and body language, or you could have a friend help you with a mock interview.
It's also great to find a professional outfit you feel comfortable wearing. Feeling good in your clothes and knowing you've fully prepared can work wonders for boosting your confidence before a job interview.
Make Sure You Have No Skeletons
An important step in preparing for your interview is being able to recall your own career history and discuss prospective goals with the company and in your professional life as a whole. But, as you look back over your career, be sure to research yourself online to ensure there are no skeletons on the internet that could be brought up in your interview.
Remember, companies conduct background checks often via search engines, so it's up to you to ensure your social media profiles are professional and/or private.
It's normal to feel some anxiety before a job interview, but you can take steps to minimize those nerves. We hope these tips help you build confidence for your next job interview and shine in the hiring process!
Need more help building confidence for a job interview?
We'd love it if you signed up for Work It Daily's Power Hour Event Subscription! Get your career questions answered in our next live event!
This article was originally published at an earlier date.
- 13 Interview Tips For Introverts - Work It Daily ›
- How To Sell Yourself In An Interview With Confidence - Work It Daily ›
- 5 Interview Hacks That Will Give You An Edge (No Confidence ... ›
- How To Avoid Appearing Overconfident During Job Interviews ... ›
- 3 Pre-Interview Confidence Boosters - Work It Daily | Where Careers ... ›
- 3 Ways To Stay Confident During Job Interviews - Work It Daily ... ›
- 3 Easy Ways To Boost Your Confidence Before A Job Interview - Work It Daily | Where Careers Go To Grow ›
- 4 Reasons You Lack Confidence In Your Job Search - Work It Daily | Where Careers Go To Grow ›
- How Recent College Grads Can Get An Interview With No Work Experience - Work It Daily ›
- 3 Ways Young Professionals Can Gain Confidence At Work - Work It Daily ›