As a career success coach, I'm always looking for new and different ways to get across my common sense ideas on life and career success. I found some great career advice in a Denver elementary school a couple of months ago.
I was invited to see the Go For It! Institute's program in action at a school in Denver. The institute teaches kids the value of things like a positive attitude, believing in themselves, positive habits, goal setting, and persistence. Their work is based on ideas created by Judy Zerafa.
Success Tweet: Vision without action is a daydream. No matter how big your plans and dreams, they'll never become reality until you act on them.
Zerafa has created Seven Keys to Success for young students. Check them out below!
1. Have A Positive Attitude
Learn what attitude is, what aspects of your life are controlled or directed by your attitude, how to determine your attitude at any given moment, and what specific strategies make a positive attitude a permanent habit in your life.
2. Believe In Yourself
Understand the nature of human potential through a simple process of identifying your personal talents and abilities. Develop academic strengths and personal interests to create personal fulfillment and economic opportunities for your future.
3. Build Positive Habits
Understand the process of how habits are created. Learn to identify and remove self-defeating habits and create habits that will make all aspects of your life easier and more successful.
4. Make Wise Choices
Learn the dramatic relationship between any current circumstances in your life and the choices that created these circumstances. Develop a personal proactive plan for desired outcomes through conscious, wise choices.
5. Set & Achieve Goals
Recognize the difference between a wish and a goal. Make a commitment, plan, take action, and recognize completion.
6. Use Your Creative Imagination
Extend your physical ability to accelerate problem-solving and goal achievement in all areas of your life.
7. Be Persistent
Track progress, develop the focus and determination required to succeed, create an attitude of gratitude as the access to fulfilling your dreams, and link the Seven Keys to Success together in everyday life.
Whatever you do, persist. Keep working toward your goals and dreams, and you will find career success. It's only common sense.
The Go For It! Institute is in business to bring these keys to young people and their parents. But as a career success coach, I think they are important ideas for anyone interested in achieving career success.
The Seven Keys to Success bear a remarkable similarity to the ideas behind one of my four keys for career success: commitment to taking personal responsibility for your life and career success. Since we're at Tweet 40 (of my book, Success Tweets), it makes sense to do a quick overview of my four keys to life and career success.
The "4Cs:" Clarity, Commitment, Confidence, and Competence.
Here they are in a little more detail...
- Clarity of purpose and direction
- A sincere commitment to taking personal responsibility for your life and career
- Unshakable self-confidence
- Competence in four key areas:
- Creating positive personal impact
- Outstanding performance
- Dynamic communication
- Relationship building
Zerafa developed the Seven Keys to Success on which the Go For It! Institute's program is based after interviewing 35 Horatio Alger Award winners. I think this is a brilliantly simple success formula. She is taking her positive message to kids and parents in an attempt at starting the success cycle early in life.
Successful people are self-confident and are committed to taking personal responsibility for their lives and careers. The Go For It! Institute's Seven Keys to Success is all about taking personal responsibility for acting on your plans and dreams.
You will succeed if you have a positive attitude, believe in yourself, build positive habits, make wise choices, set and achieve goals, use your imagination, and persist.
I'm glad I was introduced to the Go For It! Institute and the great work they are doing with kids. I think their message applies to all of us. If you incorporate these seven keys into your life, you'll be well on your way to creating the life and career success you want and deserve.
Need more help with your career?
Become a member to learn how to UNLEASH your true potential to get what you want from work!
This article was originally published at an earlier date.
- The 3 Keys To A Successful Job Search - Work It Daily | Where ... ›
- 4 Words Impacting Your Career Growth - Work It Daily | Where ... ›
- 21 Inspirational Career Quotes For Professionals - Work It Daily ... ›
- 5 Tips For Reclaiming Your Career & Finding Happiness - Work It Daily | Where Careers Go To Grow ›
- 6 Ways To Succeed In The Software Industry - Work It Daily | Where Careers Go To Grow ›
- How This Man Landed His Dream Job & Achieved Career Success - Work It Daily | Where Careers Go To Grow ›
- How To Be A Successful Salesperson (Even During Hard Times) - Work It Daily | Where Careers Go To Grow ›
- What's Holding You Back In Your Career (And How To Fix It) - Work It Daily | Where Careers Go To Grow ›
- Women In IT: 5 Things You Need For Success - Work It Daily ›
- 7 Vital Habits Of Successful People - Work It Daily ›
- #1 Secret To Career Success (Used By Executives) - Work It Daily ›
- 4 Ways To Build Success From Scratch - Work It Daily ›
- How To Learn From Failure (So You Can Find Success) - Work It Daily ›
- 3 Bad Pieces Of Career Advice Your Parents Gave You - Work It Daily ›
- 3 Keys To Successful Time Management - Work It Daily ›
- How Executives Can Find Success In 2021 - Work It Daily ›