I Caught My Employee LYING About Being Sick! What Do I Do?
In this week's episode of "Well This Happened", we want to know what you would do if you found out one of your team members lied to you about calling out sick so they could go on a day trip. How would you address this with them?
We want YOU to be the career coach and tell us which one is the RIGHT answer!
Think you know? Vote below, and stay tuned for later this week when we announce the right answer (and why the other ones are wrong).
If you want to enter for the chance to win one of our FREE memberships, be sure to subscribe to our Youtube channel and hit the bell to get notified each time a new "Well This Happened" episode is out. To enter, simply comment which answer you think is correct in the comments below the video on Youtube!
To help choose next week's topic, scroll down to the bottom and cast your vote!
Caught My Employee Lying About Being Sick [Part 1] youtu.be
A: Go through the company handbook. See what the policy is on calling out sick. Address the situation accordingly.
B: Ask another manager in a different department what they would do in this situation.
C: Set a private meeting with the employee, address the lying, and set ground rules so it doesn't happen again.
D: Send out a department-wide email explaining the sick day policy and state that if anyone deviates from this, there will be consequences.
- Hiring Manager Makes Fun Of A Candidate After An Interview - Work ... ›
- My Work BFF Resents Me For Getting Promoted Over Him! - Work It ... ›
- My Co-Worker Stole Credit For Work I Did! - Work It Daily ›
- How To Deal With A Coworker That Overshares - Work It Daily ›
- What Can You Do If Your Employer Is In Breach Of Contract? - Work ... ›
- My Co-Worker Is Faking Sick Days, What Should I Do? - Work It Daily ›
- Well This Happened: Thought A Co-Worker Was Pregnant She Wasn't ›
- Want to Be a Great Boss? Do These 7 Things Every Day | Inc.com ›
- Why These 4 Companies Are Getting Serious About Their Employer ... ›
- Research Reveals 16 Signs That an Employee Is a Sociopath (and ... ›
- Here's why you shouldn't confront a liar in the workplace ›